How The Right Industrial Automation Tool Can Transform The Manufacturing Industry
Equip your plant floor with machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and access accurate production data over any device. This article is about How The Right Industrial Automation Tool can Transform The ManufacturingIndustry?
What is Industrial Automation?
Industrial automation is the use of control systems, such as computers or robots, and information technologies for handling different processes and machinery in an industry to replace a human being. It is the second step beyond mechanization in the scope of industrialization.
Automation Industry Tools
Automation industry tools include a wide range of equipment for custom testing, process automation, and industrial automation. They help to create digital and mechanical alternatives to solve problems in the manufacturing process. These tools also help with quality control and product development.
Below are the types of automation industry tools:
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) – Find new ways to operate faster
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) – Multiple input and output arrangement
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) – Control industrial automation equipment
- Artificial Neural Network (ANN) – Responsible in processing information
- Distributed Control System (DCS) – Monitoring networks
Advantages of Industrial Automation Tools :
- Lower operating cost
- Leads to a significant improvement in the productivity of the company.
- Products with uniform quality manufactured at different times.
- Makes the manufacturing process more flexible.
- Improve data accuracy, and reduce your data collection costs.
In the end,
Industrial automation has recently found more and more acceptance from various industries because of its huge benefits. These tools in industrial automation systems can create a great impact on various facets of the manufacturing process. They help to reduce lead time while producing higher product quality.
Connexis designed a solution FactoryFlo for the world’s leading forging component manufacturer. The client wanted to develop an IoT enabled remote machine monitoring solution to monitor Production count, Downtime reasons analysis, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) & Rejection count. If you’ve any business thought, feel free to discuss with us.